Here we go. 60 days remain in 2014. What did you want to accomplish? Here’s what I have left to do before the end of the year.
- Reorganize my Twitter
- Reorganize/update my Yahoo! Contacts (and sync with my iPhone)
- Finish the script for the television pilot that my friend and I have a green light to pitch.
- Write my book (well, write any book)
- Lose 15 pounds (not easy with Thanksgiving coming up)
- Blog at least every other day
It’s nothing earth shattering, but I find as the resolutions and to-do lists pile up and as the “stuff not getting done” piles up, I feel like I’m failing and drowning.
But, it’s the home stretch. I want to look back at 2014 as a big year full of steps forward and progress towards my dreams.
Ya know how runners have a good pace and then at the end of the race they dig deep and run to near failure, pushing toward the finish line …this is that last 1/2 mile of the marathon (please don’t do the math and tell me that 26.2 miles, if it were a year, means each month is about 2 miles and the true home stretch is actually just the last two weeks).
I’ve just passed the last water station, my best 6 running songs just came on my iPod, and I’m picking up the pace. I’m going to finish strong.
Ready, set, go.