In a conversation with some friends, yesterday, someone brought up “I Love Don Week” and I forget exactly who brought it up and felt like talking about me and my birthday – you know how these things just happen spur of the moment.
Anyway, there’s a tradition around “I Love Don Week” that says it can’t be talked about until it’s talked about and then …boom …it can be talked about and blogged about.
For the newbies, “I Love Don Week” consists of the six days leading up to Don’s birthday – July 11th. During those six days, Don is to be fawned over and given loads of attention – and gifts. It all kicks off, this year, on July 5th (only 9 days away …how excited are we?!?!?!?!?).
Start planning. And to help, I’ll post the initial gift-wish-list or, dare I call it, a “registry?” Hmmmm. That gives me an idea. I might go to Target today and ask if I can get a zap gun and make a “I Love Don Week” registry. But if you’d rather shop online, here’s the list.
- The Blackman 2.0 White Dress Shirt from Mizzen + Main
- JCPenny’s Signature Collection Side Sleeper Pillow (yes, I was a lifelong back-sleeper and now I’m a side-sleeper)
- Kettle bell(s) (and a book by Pavel Tsatsouline)
- Pair of Levi’s 559s (31W, 30L) – I’m putting the cart before the horse with that 31″ waist, my friends
- Pound of Chazzano Coffee (preferable Tanzanian Peaberry)
- Tablet Platform or Tablet Dish (from Evernote Marketplace …see below) …trust me …this is cool.
- Tervis Tumbler Water Bottle
I feel like I should have more. I’ll put some serious thought into this over the next couple of days. Leave a comment if you hear of any “I Love Don Week” sales going on.