Every Monday! Period. He never misses. The “memo” is interesting. Sometimes it applies to what I’m doing. Sometimes it doesn’t. And sometimes it smacks me in the face like a 2×4.
This week’s was one of his best …ever! It’s about the story we tell ourselves is how our story unfolds. What story are you telling yourself?
I encourage you, read the whole thing. Subscribe. Read it weekly.
The most important stories I tell, by far, are the stories I tell about myself, to myself. Those stories are the source of my identity and the foundation of my purpose in life. Here’s the truth…
- Whether good or bad, your current circumstances are temporary.
- Success is temporary.
- Failure is temporary.
- Your future depends on your choices.
- Your choices depend on what you believe.
- What you believe is not determined by what you see and hear, but by how you interpret what you see and hear.
- How you interpret what you see and hear is determined by the stories you tell yourself, about yourself.
Who do you believe yourself to be? What do you believe about this world we live in? What does the future hold?
Then he asks…
Did you experience 5 years of life during the past 5 years? Or did you experience 1 year of life 5 times? Don’t let 2018 be the 6th straight year of 1 years’ experience.
Then he begs…
Do something new. Tell yourself a different story about yourself.
I beg myself to do the same, and beg you, too.