As far as me blogging about things I want and things I’m getting, this Christmas season has been a failure. I mean, I’m still getting gifts (which is awesome), but I’m not blogging as much as I wanted to. Fingers crossed, of course, that while America is spending record amounts of money on retail that some of those billions (or is it trillions) are being spent on me.
You might think blogging about and posting one’s Christmas wish-list is selfish and doesn’t represent the spirit of the holiday, but I have a brand new umbrella and a cool baseball cap to prove you wrong.
This morning, the kids whom I drive to school every morning (along with my own kids …I don’t want you to think I’m just picking up kids and driving them to school) gave me an umbrella (a really nice MSU umbrella) and a baseball cap that says “A Good Run.” This was completely unnecessary and unexpected, but made my day. I only wish today wasn’t sunny so I could try out this umbrella. And the hat? Well, I almost take it as a sign …I need to start running again. I need to start exercising again. I’ve given my lungs 4 solid months of nothing and they’re feeling pretty good. Time to take ’em out running again and see what happens.
So, I’ve taken off the hat and umbrella from my list, added a few things, and you can still get me something for Christmas – only 8 days remain.
- cast iron skillet
- J. Crew Essential Chino (32 waist)
- new cologne
- New! Adidas barefoot running shoes
- New! another Aeropress (for work)
- New! $20 iTunes gift card (so I can buy iPad apps)
- starter guitar and lessons (well, mostly lessons …someone has offered
- coffee from Chazzanno
- Casio watch (G-Shock …$35 or $50 price range)
- Burr type coffee bean grinder
- small desk lamp
- full exterior body detailing from Classic Appreciation
- 24 ounce thermos
- slippers (though I really like these sock/slippers I got when I was in the hospital)
- board game: Wits n Wagers