In 2018, I’m going to make money from my Blog. Yep. It’s gonna happen. And it’s gonna happen without me becoming a video-game review guy, or by Blogging about random stuff. I’m going to make it a Dad Diary (which I’m surprised isn’t really out there) all about the stuff middle-aged father-dudes care about.
A big thing I’m into, as I approach my 45th birthday, is reducing stress and improving sleep. Less stress and adequate sleep is the key to longevity and daily sanity.
So here’s what I’m doing:
- Magnesium L-Threanate (two good articles here and here) supplement – there are many Magnesium supplements but this one is, “is heavily linked to improved learning and memory. “
- Leafy spinach in a smoothie (my recipe is below) because it’s a natural source of Magnesium
- Daily Fish Oil Supplement (for my Omega 3s) from Trader Joe’s
- Half a Trader Joe’s Men’s Multi-Vite (why “half”? Because I eat good food and take a scoop of Green Vibrance daily; the multi-vitamin will give me the Vitamin C & E that are so important)
- Almond Butter with celery and dark chocolate chips as a night time snack
Don’s Dad Diary Calming Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup (or a good handful) of leafy spinach
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbl Spoons Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup ice
Mix it all together in a Vitamix (or do your best with your blender …but seriously …invest in your sanity and get a Vitamix …a Vitamix is basically a garbage disposal on your counter-top …there’s nothing it can’t chew up and make into a smoothie).
Just gotta ad exercise and I think I’m adding years to my life.